Once you arrive in Goa for IFFI 2019, here what you need to do:
(After your delegate registration is confirmed)
- To get into festival venues, you’re going to need your delegate pass.
- Kala Academy is our go-to venue for all things to do with delegate registration.
- This is also where you should collect your delegate kit bag .
- Now that you have your delegate pass, walk over to Inox.
- Inox is the festival’s main venue, screening movies and hosting several Master Classes & Workshops.
- Don’t forget to book your tickets! This can be done online, or at a ticket counter.
- Ticket counters are located at Kala Academy as well as Inox.
- Schedule your movie itinerary and enjoy the rest of your stay here!
- Don’t forget to take a look at the One Fest Goa, the Food Village and more.
- These are all located less than 5-10 minutes away from Inox.
The GMC building
The administrative base of the Directorate of Film Festivals
The Palace of Maquinezes or Palacio dos Maquinezes was built in 1702 and originally belonged to two brothers, Diago da Costa de Ataide e Tieve and Cristovam da Cost de Ataide e Tieve, known as the Maquinezes.
In 1842, the Portuguese used the nearly 150-year old Palace to house a medical institution – Goa Medical College – that was later occupied by the Dept. of Food and Drugs Administration, Govt. of Goa.
Today, in its new refurbished avatar, the Palacio dos Maquinez houses the offices of the Entertainment Society of Goa.
The Maquinez Palace hosts
- The administrative base of The Entertainment Society of Goa.
- Master Classes
- Film Screenings
The cultural hub of Goa, the Kala Academy was established in 1969, and functions as the principal institution for the promotion of art and culture in the State of Goa. Designed by Charles Correa, it is situated on the banks of the River Mandovi along the Panaji-Dona Paula road.
- The Delegate Registration Desk.
- The Delegate Kit Desk.
- Ticket Counters.
- Film Screenings/Auditoriums.
- The Black Box (Master Classes will be held here.)
Built in a record time of 100 days to host the 35th International Film Festival of India, Goa, 2004; the Multiplex Theatre is situated behind the Old GMC complex – a perfect blend of modern technology using Goan architectural sensibilitie
On par with international standard movie equipment in a state-of-the-art setting, the Multiplex hosts four auditoriums with a total seating capacity of 1,272 seats:
- Screen I (517 seats)
- Screen II (315 seats)
- Screen III (230 seats)
- Screen IV (210 seats)
Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Indoor Stadium
- The Opening Ceremony
- The Closing Ceremony
The Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Indoor Stadium or Multipurpose Indoor Stadium is an indoor stadium located in the campus of Goa University at Taleigao.
The stadium was constructed for the 2014 Lusophonia Games. It is named after Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee, former Indian politician and the founder of Bharatiya Janata Sangh.
The stadium has a seating capacity of 4000.
During the festival, the stadium functions as the venue for